As a general rule, use your common sense! And in case you have any doubts about how much common sense you've got, here are some general guidelines to what we in the PNW Drupal community like to see (and not see):
- Abusive, badgering, or baiting arguments, whether during a session or otherwise.
- Disrupting the presentation of any individual.
- Aggressive behavior towards other Drupal Summit attendees.
- Any variety of racist, sexist, homophobic, or other personal attacks, jokes, or otherwise making anyone feel uncomfortable or alienated.
- Damage or disregard for the venue and other people's belongings.
- Constructive participation and feedback in sessions and BOFs, friendly debate.
- Inclusivity and collaboration.
- Welcoming new people, and showing them what an awesome community we have. Remember that this might be some attendees' first exposure to the Drupal community, so help out by showing our best side.
- Respect and friendliness towards other community members.
- Respect for the venue, and bonus points for respect for the environment (e.g., using recycling facilities, bringing your own reusable mug/thermos, carpooling, etc.)
Too many BOO!!!s and you will have to face the consequences. Too many YAY!!!s and your Drupal karma will skyrocket. Choose your fate wisely and have a fantastic Summit!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions on this matter and we will be happy to address your concerns.